Rainy Days
Growing up in Seattle the weather doesn't usually affect me, but today when it's rainy and grey out I can't help but connect with the weather outside and feel a little grey. Tonight I came home, cuddled up on the couch and relaxed to my great content.
This past weekend was Easter and we had our usual celebration at Baba and Dida's. I always love when we get together, eat good Croatian food, and laugh. A nice little perk to the day was getting to take a look at the bedroom set Baba and Dida offered to give me. It's sweet how much joy they got out of seeing the things they loved passed onto the generations. Turns out this really great headboard and chest of drawers with a mirror was their first bed set and they offered it to me! I was going to buy a new set of nightstands but didn't want to spend a lot of money. Now I all I have to do is buy new handles to put on there and I have this great set for my bedroom, and it's even in the light wood color I wanted to go with!
Last night mom and I finally ordered the carpet too, it was a total sign the carpet I fell in love with is called Cake Batter - my favorite cold stone ice cream flavor! Plus, I put my face to the sample and my first thought was, "I could take a nap on that"...and if I can think that then Daisy will love it! I know silly rational but after I put my face to it, mom without knowing I did came over and put her face to it and said, oh that's nice! So I am not completely crazy :)
We also picked out the real paint colors, I had the general look in mind but after we got the carpet picked out we went around the aisle at HomeDepot and found my true colors. It is all coming together, last time we were there we also found some great lightening as well. I am such a Futuristic person all I can do now is dream about all these things we are picking out in my future home and me living there and loving it.
With the carpet being about 3 weeks out this means I might have to move back to the Lake house for a few days, but really it's ok because I can still set up my bath and kitchen and then once the carpet is in we can move me in that night! It's wild looking back over the past year, I never would have guessed I would be where I am but hey look at that, I own a home. Love my job, have a great family. amazing friends near by. And the possibilities for my future are endless.
Comments
Post a Comment