Stepping Back

It has been a little over a month now since I left BDa and I think I am still wrapped up in all the drama there. I have friends there so there is no way to completely cut myself off from it all but I think it's finally time I take a healthy break and not continue to get wrapped up in what is happening there.

I think one of my downfalls in life is that sometimes I care too much for others, and because of that I take on more emotion and worry than necessary. Part of leaving BDa means leaving that worry and stress behind, it is no longer mine to take on and that is something I need to really embrace now.

This past week while I was learning my new computer system some of my friends at BDa were trying to survive a crazy week with lots of unexpected changes and challenges. Even though I don't work there anymore I will still be supportive and encouraging to my friends that I made while working there...however I think this past week had a negative effect on my own mental and physical health. I took on too much of their worry and their concerns instead of maintaining a healthy distance.

I have been battling one of the worst headaches of my life the past two days and it wasn't until I was sitting here wondering what why it was killing me so badly that I zeroed in on BDa and the negativity in the past few days. I was once again wrapped up in it and I have to stop. I have to learn a healthy boundary between caring about my friends lives and not getting too sucked in. Which I know is possible, it just might take some practice.

Comments