Meet the Parents

Well, we did it and with great success might I add. Dinner tonight with D's mom and my parents went so smoothly I am so thankful tonight is over and we can all continue to build on the relationships we started.

I feared a bit of awkwardness to begin and maybe the hello's were but past that we all talked easily and laughed together. The food was amazing and we couldn't have asked for a better night weather wise. We all met at the Diamond Knot Brewery down by the water in Mukilteo and once everyone found parking and met up we sat right by a huge window that let in the warm spring air. Like I said the food was amazing and it wasn't too loud inside which made for easy conversations.

I think everyone was a little nervous but as my dad said when we parted ways, there will be plenty of time to come for everyone to talk more and get to know each other better. Plenty of time to be our goofy selves!

D and I drove away with smiles on our faces, we never had any doubt that our parents would get along but after such a great night we knew there really wasn't anything to worry about :)

Comments