9 Months
For our (cheesy) 9 month anniversary, after sleeping in from the late night 4th of July we met up on the afternoon of the 5th and finished watching the 14 inning M's game and Shoot Out World Cup game before figuring out what to do. We knew since I had just gotten a new gas grill that we wanted to BBQ something but it was only 4pm and no where near dinner time...so I googled some happy hour places near by and after many options we ended up hoping in the car and driving to Mill Creek to Azul's.
| 4th of July Fun |
I had been here many times before with some girl friends and thought D would enjoy it as well, boy was I right! We had margaritas and these amazing beef tips soaked in a spicey soy sauce and crab cakes that were to die for. We didn't plan on going out, but it was a special day and it deserved a little specialness. After our drinks and apps we came back and stopped by the store for real dinner fixin's before coming home to relax.
Since D got me a fabulous blender for my birthday I have used it for breakfast smoothies, but tonight was the night. I was going to use it for an adult beverage and home made margaritas and daiquiris were just the thing! As we sat outside sipping our blended drinks with the grill fired up next to us, it couldn't have been a better summer night. Plus, the steaks and corn on the cobb from the grill were amazing.
I think something I have always loved about our relationship is the ease of conversation, when we went out to Azul's we talked about what we wanted more of or to change in our relationship. Not that I need to share the detials here, but it felt great to talk openly with each other and know it is always a safe space to share. I think as we continue down this serious relationship path there will always be choices and moments when we have to think about what we truly want, life is about choices. But, when it comes down to it, I want to be happy and I knew he makes me insanely happy. I hope everyone can see that and understand how important he is to my life. I hope that those around me would welcome him in and know that we are a couple. Yes it's something relatively new for me, but accept the change and grow with us.
| love you babe |
Comments
Post a Comment