Spring Break
Since I work within the school district this week I have been on spring break and it has been fabulous! To start the week off D and I went to the Mariner's Home Opener, even though they have been super struggling...fans for life :)
This year we went with a group of friends we haven't gone with before. We knew a couple of people in the group, but for the most part we just went and enjoyed the day, and even though it was cold the sun was out for the opening ceremonies which was lucky. In the end we actually won, and the view of the field combined with yummy food made for a memorable day.
After going back and forth about what to do with the rest of my week off I decided to make the drive to Spokane to see my family there. One of my cousins just had a baby and even though some days being around babies is harder than others, I knew I wanted to go visit them while she was still a little newborn. Along the way I made the usual stops, securing essentinals as need. The drive over was quick and painless, with dry roads and grey skies I was able to zip right along and arrived into town Tuesday night around 7:30.
And then the moment I had been waiting for. Meeting sweet Grace.
She arrived almost 2 and a half weeks early so she's just this little peanut, and cute as can be!! I was lucky enough to catch her when she was awake upon my arrival, and thanks to Brad and Andrea for letting me steal her away so many times during my visit, they are the best new parents I've seen in a long time. Over the next two days I soaked up all the new baby scent I could, and snuggled with Grace every chance I had. I also had the joy of getting to see almost all my cousins while I was there, spending time with each of them and catching on our latest infertility news now that we are open with everyone about it all.
Thursday after one more snuggle session I made the trek back over the mountains and home to my hubby. Along the way I had to make a small pit stop at this really cool Winery by the Gorge called Cave B. They have a Spa and Inn there along with a tasting room and when I heard about them from a customer last week at Sol Stone I decided I had to stop in as I was driving home.
While the wine wasn't amazing, the view was and I can see the draw this place has in the summer for weddings and events! Back on the road and headed home finally I didn't luck out as much with the weather, as the sunshine faded away the rain and wind took it's place. Thankfully I was still able to make the whole trip while driving in the daylight, and returned home safe and sound. Happy for my little solo adventure.
Comments
Post a Comment