What a Weekend :)
I love weekends that are full of relaxing and doing mostly nothing. First off Friday was lovely, spent at home cleaning the apartment and trying to finish my baby blanket. Saturday I slept in a little bit, and by sleep in I mean Daisy woke me at 7:30 and I finally got out of bed at 8 to give her breakfast. I then moved to the couch and napped and watched TV there for a while before heading over to the lake to enjoy the sun there.
That afternoon I sat by the lake with mom and Nancy Red and eventually Baba while Nancy's daughter Hannah and her friend swam. Colin went in too after a bit and I was wishing at some point that I had since it was getting so hot in the sun. I definitely got more color that day, for sure on my legs. We then BBQed chicken and made salads for dinner. I took my chicken and after weighing it out I cut it up and put it all on top of my salad and it was delish. With IP, it is a good thing I love veggies and salads since that lettuce it unlimited. I was still hungry that night though because I didn't get home until late after 8pm, which is my cut off time for eating...oh well.
Sunday I managed to sleep in a little later and then watched some very touching footage of the 9/11 attacks. I was still in school and after seeing the second plane hit I had to go to school so I never got to see the towers actually collapse, so seeing that was crazy...it was such a powerful day in history and to think I was alive and able to remember that day. It has changed our world forever.
That afternoon I put on my Hawks jersey and headed back over to the lake to enjoy even nicer weather by the water. Mom and I spent the afternoon talking about the upcoming events on our calendars then outside in the yard. I watered the plants and she did some weeding, it was nice to spend some time together in the beautiful sunshine :) After raiding her freezer for some more meat to take home instead of having to go to the store I came home and had some fabulous left over chicken and veggies and finally finished my baby blanket, yay.
Last night I was all prepared to sleep great and start the morning and week out right...well about 2am Daisy woke me up with one little cry/meow. So of course I had to get up and make sure she was ok, check her water, and clean her litter box in case that was what was bothering her, and then fall back into bed only to worry more about her and if she was ok...do cats dream? So then I was tired and running late this morning. Good thing I had coffee, since my silly breakfast took forever to cook -note to self, do not cook pancakes on a work morning because they take so long- needless to say I was a little late to work.
This week is shaping up to be an interesting one, with people leaving and moving and lots of meetings on the horizon let's hope that means it will fly by. My dad finally comes home tonight which is awesome :) and we are all going to meet him and the crew for dinner at Chinooks, yummy. I also have my first IP weigh in tonight after work and am nervous and excited. Mom said she notices a difference in my face but I still don't see or feel anything different so we shall see. My goal is to hit about 4 pounds a week, this will be a very telling week since I haven't really felt that hungry like I thought I would so that sort of worries me. But I have followed the protocol to a T so how could I not lose?
Comments
Post a Comment