85% and Proud
Last night instead of going over to Baba and Dida's for dinner like I had planned I realized just in time that my weekly quiz was actually due last night by midnight instead of the usual Thursday by midnight...good catch on my part! Luckily I had done some of the reading the night before and was able to get the rest of the reading done and the study guide filled out by about 9pm. I took the test and got an 85% which made me super happy.
In the past with my school work, I start out strong and then as time goes on my motivation dwindles and by the end of the quarter I am passing but not with any grade I can really be proud of. This time around however things are different, very different. My motivation has stayed strong throughout and here I am just finishing week 7 and sitting on a solid B for the class. Something I can be proud of. I know I can do well in school, if I put my mind to it I can succeed at anything! It's just convincing myself to fully engage and stay engaged that matters the most, especially when it comes to school.
It's exciting to think about what is next for school, I wonder if the winter class schedules are online yet? I need to pull out my list and see what else I need to take. I also need to start thinking about if I want to take just one class again or if I think I can handle two. It will be in the first quarter at work which is our slowest time, and after getting this class under my belt at school and getting back into a good rhythm, it gives me many things to consider.
I also have to say last night I was very proud of myself and my eating choices. It's been hard to resist some of my usual foods now that technically I can have them. Last night I really needed something salty and so I went to Target and bought a small box of goldfish, the ones that are by the checkout and only have about 2 servings in them. That way I was able to get in my crunchy salty craving and not over indulge. I also bought one of those Green Giant Valley Steamer veggie things, they are supper tasty and already have the WW points on the box. I also had some wine and pasta, but in moderation. That is the key to any diet, and in life- moderation. I weighed out and tracked my wine and pasta, only dipping into my extra weekly points a little and it totally satisfied my cravings!
I also stopped eating after 8pm which was another key to my success, there is nothing like going to bed after a great day of eating. That semi-empty feeling in your stomach is way better than the oh so full feeling! Too bad it was a terrible nights sleep, waking up many times and at one point around 3am getting up to clean some kitty puke Daisy decided to throw up. Having Daisy is much like having a kid, if I hear her start to throw up it wakes me and I am up and seeing if she's ok. Luckily this time it was just a hairball so I wasn't too worried about her getting sick or eating something she shouldn't have.
Yesterday at work I re-organized my email templates and folders. As I said before I pride myself on being organized and quick to find answers when people come asking questions and last end of month I didn't feel like I had a handle on things as well as I could have. Now I have revamped my emails and folders to hopefully eliminate some of the confusion I was experiencing. So far today it has worked out well, I also started flagging emails more and more as simple reminders to check back in for shipments. I don't mind talking on the phone but with email, especially since there is more information than a simple yes or no it's shipping on time it's nice to have a paper trail as well as be able to ask more questions at once and have it all recorded to look back on.
Looking forward to relaxing tonight and cleaning the apartment. It's so cold outside I wish it would just snow :)
Comments
Post a Comment