A New Routine

I have always known that if I work out, along with eating right I will loose weight faster. That is not to say I work out on a regular basis, sadly. By the time I get home and have dinner and realize how much I have to do there is never enough time in the day. I either have homework or evening plans and those don't include going to the gym for an hour and working out.

However that is all going to change! I have talked with my supervisor and she said it would be ok if I started coming in at 8:30 and staying until 5:30 instead of the 7:30-4:30 schedule that I have now. This will give me that extra hour in the day that I need to get in a good workout. I can still get up at the same time and then get my butt down to the gym or do a workout in my own apartment then head off to work ready to take on the day. I am super excited for this new change in my routine.

I have always been a morning person, and this way once I get my early morning workout in it sets the tone for the rest of my day. I have always found that if I workout during the day, whatever I eat afterwards is healthier. Why workout only to eat bad food and totally negate the workout!? I have already decided on a workout plan, I am going to run 3 times a week at the gym here in the apartment clubhouse and then do a total body toning workout in my apartment. I have done the running exercise before and love it, it really gets my heart rate going and I feel this great sense of accomplishment afterwards, gotta love those 4 activity points also. The total body toning exercise I haven't done before but it is another WW workout and will earn me 5 fabulous activity points each time!

My goal will be to workout 5-6 times a week, this way I can really get into a good new positive habit cycle and really make the most of this extra hour I have been given. Even though I lost a point this past week and I know this is great progress, I know I can do better! It is already dark when I leave work now so it wont make a difference leaving an hour later at this point. BUT- It will make a difference working out each morning and coming to work totally jazzed to be alive :)

Comments