Can vs. Will
Lately I have been doing really great with my diet, losing a steady 2 pounds over the past 4 weeks and I am really proud of myself. I think about what I eat, plan my meals accordingly and always remember it is ok to splurge a little one day as long as I am wise the next.
Well these past few days I have been struggling with my diet, eating whatever craving comes to mind without much after-thought and today I can feel it. I feel icky, like I haven't been treating my body well. It's interesting how you can eat right for weeks and then one or two days of eating unhealthy and you feel the effects instantly!
I was in the shower this morning giving myself a little pep-talk, "you can start over today, you can do it." when I had to stop myself, yes I CAN do it. Clearly I know what is needed, and can think rationally about food but what it comes down to is my will. WILL I start over again today and get back on track or wont I....
I can do anything I put my mind to, but will I make that choice? Today I will get back on track, watching what I eat before it enters my mouth. Today I will drink more water than coffee. Today I will eat less sweets/carbs and more fruit/veggies.
Comments
Post a Comment