Run Forest Run!

I think the last time I went for a run was oh about 6 months ago...maybe even a year if I am being totally honest!

Last night I was talking with one of my friends about being more comfortable and confident in myself and they challenged me that if I care enough I should go for a short run, just down to Albertson's and back...on a whim, just a little 1mile run. At first I thought there is no way I am going for a run right now, I just ate and had a nice glass of wine and had no earphones at home to run with. And there is no way I am running without music!

The more I thought about it I said oh what the heck, put on my running shoes and left before I could change my mind. My first stop was at Target to get a cheap pair of earbuds and then it was off to Albertson's. It was a beautiful night out and the air felt crips and warm with a hint that fall is coming. Once getting to the store I decided that I didn't wait to turn back yet, when I commit I don't do things half-assed so I kept walking around the corner away from the main road and finally broke into a comfortable jog....music pumping and what a great feeling it was to know I cared enough to not just get off my butt but in the end jog/walk 2.5 miles when all was said and done!

I got home just before it was too dark, and man did I feel great! I know I can run, but last night my will won out and I actually did it. It's funny how addicting running really is, even after just one day I am already planning my runs for the next few days. With another week of nice weather I plan to get out each night after work and do my new lap around town. I love Woodinville and feel so completely safe running through town and along the roads less traveled.

Tonight I will be having dinner at the lake with the family so I plan to bring my gear with me and go around the lake before we eat. That's a beautiful 2 mile loop, with a great mix of flat land and hills thrown in to make me really work at it.

It's funny in the past I have made out these elaborate plans to ease into working out and dieting at the same time since I have never really found that perfect balance and this time is all just fell into place naturally. I have been doing great on WW the past month and it seems only right that I add in some exercise to the mix now.

I do care and I have the will power to make it all happen!

Comments

  1. I'm soooo proud of you!! Keep it up! I can't wait to see your skinny butt....I miss yoU!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment