God's Timing
When I was growing up, I always pictured myself finding Mr. Right early on, getting married young and popping out babies right away. I am 26 and always thought I would be married with a few kids by now, who knew life would turn out so differently!
When I was in high school I read this book series called "The Christy Miller Series". It is this christian series about a girl in high school who goes about falling in love, and her life as a young christian girl. It is so sweet and innocent, it was one of my favorite series and I just downloaded it onto my kindle about a week ago. It is such an easy read I got through the first 10 books in days and went on to get the three "College Years" books as well. It has really got me thinking about my relationships and how hard it has been to be single for so long.
I have always had high standards when it comes to guys and relationships, knowing I deserve the best. To be treated with respect and when the right man comes along I know all my waiting and holding out for a hero will be worth it...it's just the waiting part that gets to me. Reading this series has reminded me that when it comes to life and the timing of things God's timing is always best. Even when it makes absolutely no sense to me, God is always in control and has a master plan for my life. Surrendering my life and my timing to Him is all I need to do and immediate peace comes over my life (and makes for a wonderful Monday)!
I am still being molded into an amazing Women of God, always striving to be a better person each day and I can only think that is also what God is doing with my future husband. Molding and helping him to become a righteous man who loves the Lord and serves Him with all his heart. That is the kind of man I want to spend the rest of my life with, and God knows this is what is in my heart. I may have moments of weakness and loneliness when I think any man will do, but then I have to remember there is a greater plan at work here.
God's timing is perfect and I just need to remember:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heard and lean not on your own understanding."
Proverbs 3:5
Comments
Post a Comment