Productive Saturday!

I love days when I set out to accomplish something simple and the list of to-dos grows, but at the end of the day they are all checked off! When I got up this morning my list had, get oil changed on it and by the end of the day I have completed: oil change, Costco trip, fill up gas tank, get new yarn, take afternoon nap, but away clothes, empty dishwasher, pay bills, workout, and now here I am blogging! I also got to spend the entire morning running around with my mom which always makes my weekends feel more complete.

She always has such great advise and knows when I need a little extra love and support, which can only come from many years as a mom. If you haven't noticed I have really been focusing on my weight loss and workouts right now and she always has some new tricks, tips, and thoughts to share with me. Her latest thoughts are that along with my daily workouts and only eating when I am actually hungry, eating healthy that is. I need to stop weighing myself. I have always had this problem, I would say I get on the scale 3 to 5 times a week...not healthy. Because I have been working out I have been losing weight and gaining muscle which is as we all know heavier than fat. I need to go by how my clothes feel, much like how I am feeling when I think I should eat. I need to tune into my body and not do what I think is supposed to happen.

Tonight for dinner I had some strawberries and zucchini because that was what I wanted and afterwards I was satisfied and happy with my choices. The same needs to be with my weight, I need to take away the numbers...they mess with my head! I think I am doing good and then the scale says otherwise, I need to forget the scale and go by feeling. I know how good I feel after I workout and so I need to remember that and not just workout because I should or my calendar says so.

It's a feeling.

Comments